Simple Flash Drive Tester (SFDT) created for testing my USB flash drives and SD cards. THIS IS NOT CURE! Check flash. Bad chunks? Good idea to buy new.
Pretty simple algorithm:
- generate random 512 Mb file (chunk) in a temp directory every step;
- if free space less than 512 Mb chunk will be truncated;
- get MD5 and copy generated chunk to flash drive;
- fill flash drive with chunks;
- get MD5 of chunks from flash drive and compare with originals.
Remember, flash drive must be formatter BEFORE testing.
You can get ZIP file here. Just unpack and use.
Last update 18.04.2017